1. This PRINT ^ ^ by Will Bryant.
3. In this MOTH PODCAST, Jessi Klein tells her story about writing comedy for SNL. At one point, she says she realized in order to keep creating she had to “make peace with bombing.” She even says you kind of have to do that in life. I love it. The rest of the story is good too, but that part is mojo for the creative life for sure.
4. JIM HENSON’S QUOTE: “The most sophisticated people I know–inside, they are all children.” (From this post.)
5. Pears are in season! Get them while they are! Small Fry’s RECIPE FOR POACHED PEARS sounds so scrumptious.
6. Jen Doll on how to/how not to write in THIS PIECE AT THE HAIRPIN:
”Believe you can. Surround yourself with people who believe you can. Take a tiny tiny moment to let yourself believe you can. When you feel shame, drink, or maybe, go to the gym. Trust yourself, but with healthy dollops of shame and self-loathing. This is normal. All this is normal.”